Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

DIY "raid" mods

Modifying off-the-rack clothing is nothing new to me. I've been doing it since I could reach the foot pedal on my mom's sewing machine. So, when one of my airsofting buddies wanted me to move the pockets around and add some velcro onto an old BDU jacket of his, I thought nothing of it. Same goes for when DI asked me to install a "secret" inner pocket in his pants...woops, maybe I wasn't s'posed to share that, doh! Anyhoo, I keep getting requests for these sorts of modifications and it got me curious. I eventually stumbled upon some companies offering "RAID" mods to ACUs and BDUs. To get an idea of what I'm talking about, take a look at http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/emdomusa/Categories?category=BDU

I would like to offer some of the same types of services, because, well, I am already fully equipped and capable of doing so, and I would be interested specifically in what modifications you would be most interested in.

How would you describe a "raid" mod to a jacket? to pants?

What sorts of modifications would you find most useful?

Would you prefer to buy clothing that has already been modified, or would you be more interested in having your existing uniform modified?

Currently, I am offering a special for a 4-pocket BDU jacket mod that includes the following features:

Remove chest pockets and re-attach on shoulder/sleeves
Remove lower pockets and re-attach on chest (angled in towards center, if you prefer)
Add velcro closure to the inside of all pocket flaps

$20

Basically, this makes it more like the TRU. I can think of lots more mods to do, and I'm working on a price sheet, but in the meantime, please let me know what you think. Thanks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh man, what i really would like is a black hoody modded to hold 30rd AR mags.
no help to you, of course, but now i've gotta figure that out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...