Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Events; cold weather gear

Airsoftreports attended The Zone event and posted some photos here. Looks like it was a great time. You can be sure we are working on doing similar events with Mindgame Productions in the future. Also check out Airsoftreports for photos from the SHOT Show.

WHFO2 - based on the number of pre-regs we have so far, and the number of walk-ons we expect, we will have a great turn out for this event. I'm really looking forward to it, just so I can meet in person some of the folks who've become on-line friends in the last few months. A word of advice to those who are attending:

Dress appropriately for the weather. Layering is key to keeping warm and dry.

Layer 1 - your base layer should have moisture wicking properties, like Coolmax or Under Armor. I don't recommend those cotton thermals because cotton will absorb sweat and trap it next to your body, making you feel cold.

Layer 2 - I recommend wool or fleece for insulation. Wool will keep you warm even when its wet; fleece is easy and affordable.

Layer 3 - your top layer should be weather resistent, like a raincoat or anorack.

Insulated boots, socks, and gloves are also a good idea.

I will be trying out my Tru-Spec Level I and II base layers underneath my TRU, and flight jacket, and I'll prolly wear a balaclava or fleece watch cap. So, we have flight jackets, balaclavas, caps, and gloves if you need'em.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...